Re: [PyrNet-L] Looking for adult female or puppy for sale in NM

On 21 May 2000, at 12:34, llamamama wrote:
> I have contacted a rescue in Austin, TX and one here in NM.  I
> haven't gotten an application yet from NM and the dog in TX concerns me
> a little.  I just found out she is terrified of strangers and jumps
> fences to avoid them.  I can't determine if she was born this way or
> mistreatment or something else caused it.  I can deal with a shy dog who
> became that way through abuse, but I don't know how or why she's that
> way.  I don't suppose you have any insight into "terrified dog
> syndrome?"  Thanks for replying, Inga

Have you got any insight on if this is a rescue or what the lines
might be on the pyr in TX?  Has this pyr been eye checked cause
seen problems like this off of the eye problems that are cropping up
in pyrs now such as retinal dysplasia, etc.  And before anybody
asks yes, they can still jump fences........when a dog gets familiar
with it's environment and there's just visual impairment you'd not
think there was a eye problem unless you really know what you're
looking for.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/