Re: [PyrNet-L] Anatolian/Pyr mixes

<<The ones I have seen down this way looked more like anatolian
> than pyr, so this is interesting.  The head had a somewhat pyr look
> but the coat was short like an anatolian.>>

Well, it would make sense that some would be long-coated and some short.
The ones I've been seeing up here in North Texas are long-coated with
black faces. It should be noted that Anatolians can be light-colored --
blond or even white like Akbash.

In the case of a light/white Anatolian mix, considering that these dogs
can carry long coats and double dews, positive identification could be
very difficult.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX