[PyrNet-L] wish us Luck!!

Leaving here Friday morning at 4.30am to fly to Auckland with NZ Ch
Despreaux Seymor(Imp Aust) to compete in the ProPlan Blue Ribbon Awards for
Allbreeds Best In Show Winners over the last 12 months. This prestigious
event is by invitation only and Seymor is only the 2nd Pyr to have ever
qualified for this event (first was Ronda's Merlot in 1995).  He will be up
against the "big guns" in the New Zealand Dog world but Claire, Ronda and I
are confident he can hold his own. (I'll hold anyone's to win!!).  His
handler Claire has a stunning new midnight blue (that rhymes!) outfit with
sequined lapels and a split in the skirt that Mother Superior would have
sewn up (Ronda and I are ex convent girls),  Moi, well have forsaken the
gumboots and fleecy lined pants with disgusting old sweatshirt for dark
green trousers and green with a hint of white jacket. Going to cram my feet
into a pair of flat, black shoes, comb my hair, wash my face and try not to
drink too much whiskey!!  I've got a little Pyr brooch to pin on for good
luck . I am not the designated groomer, oh no, I'll strangle the handler and
she'll try and strangle me so I've handed that task over to an impartial
friend so I will just have to sit there and swill back the refreshments!
Life is tough at the top.  Anyway we go there (farewell several hundred
dollars as we pay for the "privilege for being there!!), It may never happen
again so we'll make the most of a chance of a lifetime to be with the "creme
da la creme" of the dog world.  I've changed the nappies on some of them and
smacked their bottoms but I do enjoy seeing them all grown up !!   I've done
my best to get a coat back on Seymor but mother nature knows when never mind
all the tins of sardines, eggs etc!!   I love Sardines!!   I love a night
out out every decade or so and it's our Claire and Seymor out there giving
it their all and that's what counts!! She's had to sacrifice showing the big
winning Border Collie at this event in favour of Seymor and I think that's a
lovely sacrifice on her part ( I'll  pay for this!!) . He hasn't got a lot
of coat either so I think she's looking at the odds on????
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ send a Pyr Posty
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/