Re: [pyrnet] behavior issues

Karen, the difference is, as I see it, is what do you folks really see as
dog aggression?  Anything in their behavior that you fear?  They can't
talk, and we can't read them as well as they read us, so the generic
answer to all this is
" better to put them down than risk and incident ".  Instead of fighting
screwy lawsuits ( of all kinds ), it seems everyone is saying " put the
dog down" it is the easiest solution.  Some of us just don't think it is
that easy, or cut and dried.  Some of us really do think that animals
have as much of a right to this planet and their existence, and that
their very being ( in whatever form ) is valuable.  Animals do things
that work for them, that we don't like ( like a corrective nip to pup or
child ), and they are deemed aggressive?  That said, what is real
aggression?  Note that Katie has said the least about this since she
first asked, but was she asking for help, or did she think the nine year
old dog was dangerously aggressive?  I got the impression the dog was
getting old, and maybe crotchety, and less amused with human children.
Does that make her dangerously aggressive or deserving of death?  Boy do
I know a lot of nasty old people that probably deserve being put down too
if that is the case!

The funny thing is, if I had any reason to euthanize any of my animals, I
really don't think I would be writing to this list to get everyones
"take" on it.  I would know what had to be done, and why I was doing it,
and when I was satisfied that I was doing the right thing, I would do the
responsible thing.  Her question, and then everyones
"maybe putting the dog down is the best thing", really makes me wonder
about the bigger picture.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas