Re: [pyrnet] Pico meets the Atlantic ocean

Bennies are tourists, Jan. Specifically the ones from New York
City and the cities in North Jersey. Our quaint little town, with
a population of about 5000 in the winter, swells to 150-200,000
any given week in the summer! Traffic is horrendous (there are
ways around it, but we're not talkin') Ocean Avenue along the
beach looks like a garbage dump as do all the parking lots.
People change their babies dirty diapers and toss them on the
road, too lazy to walk 3 steps to the nearest garbage can! And
the prices is the supermarket go WAY up in the summer. The third
Saturday in September the town hosts what is called "Seafood
Festival". A last ditch effort to fill the merchants coffers
before it all dies down again. They close down the main street
and vendors set up booths. They sell anything and everything,
including some seafood. Anyway, the crowds of people are
overwhelming! There's not a parking space to be had for miles.
This small town is only one square mile big, anyway. We live on a
very narrow, quiet street. One of my sister's boyfriends dubbed
it West Laurel Cowpath, a glorified driveway really, only one car
wide. These fools even park on this road! Forget trying to get
the Suburban out of the driveway! To say this place is a zoo in
the summer is an understatement. What I wouldn't give to be far
away, in the mountains of PA in the peace and quiet. Someday.....

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com