Re: [pyrnet] Curious/end?

    Now that tempers are cooling off, I'm even more "curious" why people
insist on feeding the fire.  We are adults (I assume) and should be able to
disagree without name calling and insults.   The art of discussion and
debate are lost.  They are not taught in schools, homes, and obviously not
in the public area--politics in particular.
    It is only human nature to strike back when we perceive a threat.  The
problem comes when we are not able to distinguish between a threat to our
person and a disagreement with our beliefs.  If your beliefs are true, then
nobody will disuade you.  Perhaps the proper response is not to attack but
to say, "Thank you for your comments, but I do not agree with you. Here is
what I believe."   Once each side has stated their view, then the discussion
stops---unless new information can be brought to support a position.  In no
way should personal attacks or name calling be tolerated.  If you perceive
you've been attacked respond with something like, "I will not dignify that
remark with a response"  and DON'T.
    If you ask for others' advice, don't argue with them afterward.
    The rest of us can contribute by not fanning the flames. What has been
going on resembled a dog pack fight.  Two dogs have a disagreement, but if
other are nearby they can't stop themselves from joining in.   Noncombatants
should either delete the whole thread unread or start another disucssion
thread on a completely different subject.
    There are probably well over one hundred subscribers.  The only thing we
will all agree on is we love Pyrs.