[pyrnet] Pyrs and vehicles(days gone by)

Just been watching a program on telly , cars at Auctions and for thousands
of dollars an Austin 7 has just been sold to the highest bidder.  My Aunt
had an Austin 7(in the 1950's)  and every week she and her friend would go
shopping in town.  Us kids had to be on hand to help with the getting into
of the vehicle.  Both my Aunt and her friend were large ladies so they had
to be got in first, settled and then the doors slammed  shut from the
outside. We had to be there to shut the doors.  One day they thought they
would take Simba so he was put on the back seat, they both clambered aboard
and we slammed the doors shut. Into town and dog was left in Austin 7.  The
"girls" came back and there was a big crowd around the Austin 7. Simba had
got into the front and had got stuck and had set the horn off.  A Traffic
Policeman had to be called to help get the dog out and into the back seat,
the girls closed into the Austin 7 and home again. Usually they would ask a
passerby to slam the doors shut once they were inside the Austin 7.  I
actually recall asking my Aunt that question before she died at 81.  It had
always intrigued me and we laughed ourselves silly at the thought and
memories. We all had driving lessons in the Austin 7 (I preferred my
father's truck) and the Austin 7 passed away after one of the cousin's
rolled it  after doing maternity duty delivering a baby, he fell asleep and
ended up in the estuary. Wrote the poor little thing off. The sort of thing
that comes up at Family funerals these days under "do you remember when???"
Just great to see a little Austin 7 again after all these years and remember
the Family and Simba.  My Dad used to drive the Austin 7 home from the local
public house. He always said it went onto Auto Pilot and the sight of a big
white dog at the gate meant he was near home.  Certainly not acceptable
behaviour these days!! What a line up vehicles then for the enthusiast, the
Austin 7, the Ford truck (ask me about driving  that one day but I still
haven't come to terms with the walloping I received ), the Studebaker,
Father's Wolsley,( we used to get on the running boards and play Gangsters,
my older sister was always Al Capone and I got shot!!)  his Motorbike, his
light airplane, the old fashioned bicycles, oh to turn the clock back!!
Always our conspirator a large white dog, he could keep secrets and many a
childish tear fell on his head bless him. Today I am sure many an adult tear
falls on those lovely Pyr heads.
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/