Re: [pyrnet] 12 pups - Milk supplement question

You may not need to supplement as long as you're feeding high
quality food, supplemented with meat if need be and plenty of
water. Her food and water intake may increase drastically. Feed
her 2 or 3 times a day. Molly had 10 pups her last litter and had
produced so much milk she could have easily wet nursed a second
litter if someone had needed her to do so. Her milk production
should increase as the demand increases if she has the proper
nutrition. I only used bitch milk replacer when I started weaning
to reduce diarrhea in the pups from their having to drink water.
Used Esbilac. Bought it from the Supply house in Dothan, Georgia
as their prices were the best for the 5 LB. bags. The name
escapes me at the moment (ain't middle age grand! <S>) but I'm
sure someone else can provide that info.

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com