Re: [pyrnet] 12 pups - Milk supplement question

Ken,

    I would try to hold off supplementing for the first few days, as with
stimulation, she may have tons of milk. My bitch, Ursette, has just finished
nursing a litter of nine - and for the first two or three days there was
very little milk production - but then when it really started coming in, she
had more than enough. In fact now, eight weeks after whelping, she looks
like she has ten cow sized udders! Poor baby! However, I am sure she will
regain her girlish figure soon!

Good luck with the puppies,

Geraldine

Geraldine Swierzy