[pyrnet] loss of hair

I rescued a great pyr around easter that was being neglected by his owner.
The main kept him chained, didin't have the money to feed him and didin't
care for his physical needs.  The pyr I met had fleas, heartworms, had been
in several fights, and was roaming looking for food.  He weighed about 70
pounds when i got him.

My father is a veterinarian, so I took the dog to him.  He kept him and
began treatment.  Although now he is a much healthier pyr,  he seems to be
allergic to concrete.  He has continually lost hair.  It seems to localized
on the areas he sleeps on.  His legs, abdomen and chest are almost bald.
I've tried putting plywood down in his kennel and he lays on that alot, but
it doesn't seem to be helping.  We are going to have him scratch tested next
week.

Has anyone had symilar problems?  Do you know of anything I can do to the
concrete in his kennel to make him less susceptible to it?  I'd appreciate
any ideas...thanks.

Ann Marie Hutcheson
annmarie86@earthlink.net