[pyrnet] Re: Grooming fee

On 13 Jul 00, at 8:02, Ghost Rider wrote:

> What all do they do to him that they can charge you $35.00?  Do they
>     go by size?  If so, how big is he? My Pyr is 8 mos/82lbs and he gets
>     bathed, dried, nails clipped, and lots of loving for $16.00.

Give your location when talking about grooming fees.  I know a CO
groomer who charges $20 for pyrs, Petsmarts in NM and So CO charge by
the pound, $1/lb for large dogs.  Groomers here in Taos charge $75
for a pyr < they might charge less if it was not a once a year
grooming.>  I had my first pyr groomed a few times, even taking her
in brushed out well, I was charged $60 for a bath, dry and nails.  If
I could get mine groomed for $16, I'd quit doing it myself <grin>.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico
http://home.flash.net/~pyrs/judy/judy.htm