Re: [pyrnet] Leonberger?

On 15 Jul 2000, at 8:04, clhenke@juno.com wrote:
> Actually in a way then the Pyr. may almost be
> considered to appear in the breed twice.  Once of their own, and then
> through the Newf. ( if you follow the Pyr. Newf. background ).

From what is known there is no pyr in the newf background.

You haven't seen playing in water until you've had a newf.

I've researched the leo and they're a versatile breed.....if I decide
not to get another pyr in the future I've been looking at a leo.  They
have water titles based on the same rules as the newf water titles.
Also, known to do draft, agility, obedience, therapy dog.........  One
of our newf club members has newfs and leonbergers and our newf
club also had the 1st leonberger water test.  They're not recognized
by AKC and don't want to be recognized by AKC but are
recognized by UKC.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices