Re: [pyrnet] Vacuum Cleaners

Cindy, How old is your Kirby? I have one that is about 12 years
old. A Heritage II, I believe. The roller brush design is awful
with Pyr hair. I was wondering if the newer design holds up
better. In mine, the Pyr hair gets wound around the ends of the
roller brush and works it's way inside. I have to take the whole
thing apart and clean out the rod inside the brush. Not an easy
task. One of these days I'm going to take the whole front carpet
assembly to the Kirby store and see if the newer roller brushes
fit it. They seem as if they would have less of a problem with
the Pyr hair. It's time for a new roller brush anyway, and if I'm
paying $35.00 for a new one that will go bad in a year, what's an
extra 10 bucks for one that may last 2 years? Yes, Kirby bags are
expensive, But the ones for my Hoover cost almost as much, and
with 4 dogs in the house I have to change the bag every 2 or 3
days! <S> But the roller design on the Hoover doesn't get bound
up with Pyr hair!

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com