Re: [pyrnet] Puppy Food

They are used as a precaution quite a bit in the breeds prone to
dysplasia.  There was a study and I'd have to digging to find the
information that when given the gags the dogs that developed
dysplasia did not develop it quite as bad as would have without it.
And in those that had joint problems when it was started from the
beginning it was more beneficial in slowing up the arthritis that
develops.

Linsey, who has a dysplastic hip which is grade 3, the gag's were
started at around 10 mos of age when I got her and already knew
there were problems on those x-rays when she didn't prelim.  I
generally have x-rays run periodically to check on how the arthritis
is progressing.  We watched and compared and year after year the
arthritis that was called early arthritis never progressed and it kinda
sat there until she got older and then she only had slight changes
in her last x-ray which was at 5 yrs of age.  So, the only thing we
expect her to have problems with is just the old age arthritis.  Now
it was a different story with Admiral, dysplasia, and he was started
about the same time Linsey was on the supplements when they
started really coming out and being used by vets but he already
had arthritis that was advanced.  It benefited him but not to the
extent it has Linsey.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices