[pyrnet] CHAT: The literary Puppy

Who would have thought it!  Emma, who is 7 months old today, has a *thing*
for books (and other things which will come in a later email  <bg>).
Lately, I've had insomnia so I don't fall asleep until the wee hours of the
morning.  I'm normally awake as soon as Emma lets me know that she needs to
go outside.  Today, she woke me at 4AM, a mere one hour after I fell asleep.
So I let her out to do her business, then we both went back to sleep... or
so I thought.

Two hours later I awoke to the most astounding picture.  There lay Emma, on
her bed sleeping, surrounded by books.  Apparently she wanted to peruse
"Mountains of the Pyrenees", perhaps to learn more of her ancestral
surroundings.  She also browsed through "Behavior Problems in Dogs", maybe
to learn more about herself .  :-)  She had two copies of recent show
catalogs.  "Gone with the Wind" and "The Great Gatsby" were also lying open
beside her.  As a side thought, she had a few doggy catalogs open to the
*treats* pages.  Is this a hint?  All in all, there was very little damage.
The corner of "Gone with the Wind" was chewed.  Maybe she didn't like the
ending...

More antics to come!

Best Wishes,
Karen Reiter