[pyrnet] CHAT: Emma and the Toilet Seat...

Emma, Trooper and I live in a two story house in a suburban neighborhood.
It's relatively quiet here, but there are children around and neighbors with
dogs; you know, things for dogs to bark at.  Well, when Emma discovered that
she had a "voice", she decided that everyone else in the neighborhood should
know it.  As a result, her favorite vantage point in the house became the
upstairs bathroom window.  She could see far and wide from here.  There were
more things to bark at!

Emma being Emma, she discovered that she could see even better if she stood
with her front feet on the toilet seat.  None of this peering out from eye
level only!  No sir, not for her!  So she began to stand on the seat, front
paws only, and bark at passers by.  (BTW, she is safe.  She can't jump out
and the window is closed so as people don't actually *hear* her.  I also
only allow this during certain times of the day because I don't want her to
get the wrong idea... I can hear her thinking "Sure mom, whatever you say.
Woof!  Woof!...).

A few weeks ago, Emma got a bit excited about some dogs that were outside
and she broke the toilet seat off one of the connecting hinges.  I heard
"Woof, Woof, Splash...Woof, Woof, Splash" and ran up the stairs to check out
the commotion.  Since Emma loves water, she couldn't see what the problem
was.   :-)  So the bathroom became off limits until the seat could be
replaced and that would have to wait until I had the time to go to the
hardware store.

Last Friday, I was having another sleepless night, upstairs to bed, toss and
turn, back down to the couch, etc...  During this time, I forgot to close
the bathroom door.  Shame on me.  I finally dozed off on the couch about
3:30AM.  At about 7AM my phone rings, it's a friend from Switzerland
(they're 6 hours ahead of EST).  My eyes are closed and we start having a
conversation.  I begin to open my eyes and glance across the room. Was I
seeing right?  This isn't possible!  There lay Emma on her bed, with her new
chew toy.  Yep!  You guessed right!  The toilet seat.  She seemed very proud
of the fact that she had this new toy and boy, what a great chew item.
Thank goodness I have two bathrooms!   When I related this story to Emma's
father's owner, she told me that He used to lift the lid on the toilet
because that was the only water he liked to drink.  Ahhh... a fresh bowl.
:-)

Trooper has been so great during all of Emma's antics.  Sometimes I think
that looks at her and says "I NEVER did that when I was a puppy!  Mom must
love me more.".

Did I tell you how much I love my dogs?  <vvbg>  I wouldn't trade them for
the world.

Best Wishes,
Karen
kreiter@servtech.com