[pyrnet] Re: seizure question -Reply

We had a mixed breed dog (probably a little Cocker, Pekingese, and Poodle) who had her first (known to us) seizure shortly after we adopted her.  Our Vet recommended phenobarbitol, which controled her seizures.  She occassionally had a seizure, during which we held her and talked soothingly for re-assurance.

In her later years, she decided to not take the medicine. Regardless of the many different ways I tried to administer the pills, she always spit them out.  I decided she instinctively "knew" she no longer needed the medicine, and quit trying to force it on her.  She didn't have another seizure and lived an additional two years before multiple other problems forced to have her put to sleep.

She was a wonderful pet, thoroughly dedicated to my daughter, and I'm so glad we found her.

Leslie Swaner