Re: [pyrnet] pyrnet-I-digest.20000802

Bo has Never done anything like this before! The gates are also wrapped with bungi (SP?) cords. Evidently they managed to replace them also!! Personally, I think one of the &*%#! in this house left gates open and let the dogs out, but no one will admit to it. Interestingly enough, when I let him out this morning, he went to the gate and tried to nose it open. I think he has finally started to miss Molly and perhaps went looking for her? He usually waits about 2 weeks to start grieving when we lose a dog to the Bridge. This has been pretty consistent on his part through the years. I always watch them when I let them out. I don't like taking chances. My dogs are much too important to me. Accidents happen, I understand this, but my family has always teased me about my obsession with closing gates. They think I am an idiot when I go off on them for leaving the gates open. They usually tell me the dogs won't go anywhere, anyway! Guess they know better now. Hope the lesson learned will stick with them this time. They want to run fast and far if I ever lose one of my dogs to their carelessness!

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com