RE: [pyrnet] "Lurking"

Does this mean you own a Kuvasanees???
-----Original Message-----
From: Ghost Rider [mailto:kaiser4@gulftel.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 12:15 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] "Lurking"

    Good day to all.
    I'm one of the one's that's usually "lurking" around.  Occasionally I'll have a question, usually I just read what's going on.
    However on the issue of breeding and spaying and neutering I do believe that it should be left up to responsible, knowledgeable, persons.
    I believe that if you have an animal you should be responsible enough to care for it.  Vet bills, spay, neuter, emergency and everything else.  Having pups or kittens from breed to breed is not a good thing.  Given that accidents do happen, it's up to us to see that it happens a seldom as possible.
    Even breeding Pyr to Pyr (etc...) is not good left to the "average Joe."  You'll end up with imperfections in the breed.  All things I've learned since we purchased our Pyr.  (One eye is smaller than the other.  That's an imperfection I wouldn't want to see perpetuated in the breed.)
    He is supposed to be a Pyr.  He looks more like a Kuvasz (neck and head) with the tan ears of a Pyr to me.  At least that's what I figure from looking at the AKC photos on the net.  But, I'm not a professional and I'm not sure.  If there's anyone that can look at one (my Pyr) and tell the difference between him and a Kuvasz, given that they are supposed to be cousins, I'd love to send you a photo and let you tell me what you think I have.  As for now, his papers say he is a Pyr.

Everyone enjoy their day,

Bridget