Re: [pyrnet] Re: AnnMarie

Sherri, It has been my experience ( and hopefully you will hear from many
others, so you have good choices ), that,
Invisible fences do not work well with most Pyrs.  Coats or just
attitudes, they will usually go through it if they want to.  Notice  I
said most, not all.

Pyrs. are hard to fence, sorry to say.  They can be ambitious diggers as
well.  Lots of funny stories as to how they can get out.  We use a 6'
chain link.  Possibly the best basic fence, but not perfect either. "
Pyr., Houdini is thy second name " , type of thing.  Wood can be chewed,
electric can be run through fast.  I did hear about one dog chewing
through chain link, but I expect that to be less common. Some Pyrs. will
go over a 6', if they have the motivation.  We love them, but they can be
a bit of a trial at times

Depends how your trying to stop her barking.  A spritz bottle is one
method.  In any event, a non-barking Pyr. is not that common.  Those who
have them, are envied!  All I can say is, " good luck" said with all
sincerity!  From my stand point, with four, I think it is hopeless, and
they even have the two non-barkers barking now!  I'm sure you will hear
from the electric collar/citrus spray collar people too.
I don't hold with surgically debarking. But others have resorted to that.
 At some point I think you have to acknowledge that some of these things
are in the nature of the breed.  The spritz bottle helps with the counter
checks, if you see them.  Some use  crinkly paper as a deterrent.  Two of
mine are real pains when it comes to the counter, the other two are not?

Hope this helps a little, again, good luck!   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka