RE: [pyrnet] Barking

On 15 Aug 00, at 8:54, Sherri Artz wrote:

> Also, is cruel for me to try to train her not to bark, especially when she
> is inside?  I read somewhere in my pyr readings, that they can be trained
> to give a warning bark and then if you ask them to hush they should.

Validate her barking!  When Dumpling cuts loose, go out and check why
she is barking.  If you see nothing unusual, then tell her okay,
thank you for warning me, now quiet.  I let mine out in the enclosed
courtyard in the early mornings and they know if they start barking
they have to come inside which they really don't want to do.
Sometimes they just bark anyway, then put on that act when they have
to come in.  Puppies do tend to over react to unusual things and as
someone said, " DIFFERENT IS EVIL " .  You will soon be able to tell
why Dumpling is barking...I'm barking because I want to bark,
someone is walking on the road, the evil UPS truck just drove in,
someone is here, the neighbors have company, something is really
wrong, a leaf blew by, all number of things give reason to bark
<grin>.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico