[pyrnet] Ki (continued)

Hello all,

Thanks for the comments on the fence.  I know the my pyr is definitely an
escape artist.  On his extended stay at my father's, he managed to break out
of the kennel.  He went through two chain length gates and then tore up a
steel door, but couldn't get out it so started circling around inside until
he found a screen he could push open.  We were really lucky that when my dad
got there the next morning, Ki was waiting for him next to the drive.  He
jumped in the truck and rode back to the kennel.

He has managed to get out of the kennel here only once.  He can pull the
little wires that hook the chain-length to the bars off.  He managed to do
this on his gate and push the wire out far enough to wiggle
through....couldn't have been more than about a 6 inch gap there.....not
sure how he did it but he did.  He was waiting for me in our front yard when
I went out to walk him.

We have covenants that prevent higher than 4 ft fence in our neighborhood
unless you are putting up a privacy fence, so my plan is to put up both
privacy along the front part to block the road view and chain length around
the sides....i also plan to reinforce this with electric wire.  Ki will not
be allowed out in the yard unless we are home and out with him.  As it is we
are having to use a 30 lead, or a heavy duty run while he is in the yard
playing, and I am looking forward to the day I don't get tripped up while
running with him....have ended up on the ground more times than I can count.

Also, thanx for the advice on trainers.  I want one to work with both of us,
not to leave Ki with.  I also would like one that uses positive methods
since I really believe that works best with Ki.  Am also leaving
Chesney(terrier) at home on run while I walk Ki.  Think his will help alot
in the future.

I appreciate the responses.

Ann Marie