Re: [pyrnet] Temperamental foods...

Yes Patric, I know you're blonde! :-) Anyway, to give you one
personal experience, I got a call from a woman who was having
some behavioral problems with her dog. He was becoming more and
more aggressive. She was already implementing most of Alpha Boot
Camp to no avail. So... I asked her what she was feeding. When
she told me, (yes, I audibly gasped! :-) ) I explained to her
that the possibility existed that the dog may be having some sort
of reaction to one or more of the myriad colors, fillers or
artificial preservatives contained within that which he ate. She
changed dog foods to a natural brand without all the other
"stuff" in it. A month later she called back to thank me as there
had been marked improvement in his behavior. The possibility, in
my mind, exists that the dog was having some sort of physical
reaction to something contained in the previous food that was
causing his unacceptable behavior.

I don't know personally of any real scientific studies that have
confirmed this to be fact. I only know that I have attended a few
Behavioral Seminars where aggressive behavior in certain dogs had
been put forth as due to what they were fed. When the food was
changed, the aggressive behaviors diminished, markedly. What they
are fed, of course, has no effect on genetic temperament. There
have been scientific studies done on how certain foods can effect
certain children. My own Son had a problem with refined sugar
when he was younger. Caused a definite change in his personality
and not for the better. Still does, but to a much lesser degree.

In the previous email I was referring specifically to Stephanie's
dog, Paddy (I had the pleasure of knowing Paddy from about the
age of 3 months through his adolescence) who is a very sweet dog.
I also remember Stephanie posting about Paddy having a
personality change and becoming more aggressive with the Tibbies.
So, if what Charlotte posted is correct, and the Staph infection
is related to what Paddy's eating, whatever he is reacting to in
the food could have caused the change in his personality also.

Perhaps I should have been more concise in my previous email, but
I was late for work, as usual!

Barb Bowes (who was a blonde for a while in her teens!)
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com