[pyrnet] Canine consciousness

Cindy,

> ...For some of us, simply living with them allows
> us to understand they are creatures of emotion, that
> can affect behavior. Because we see it, and live with it,
> and can acknowledge it.  Others live with a fear of
> anthropomorphism.

I never said that dogs were void of emotional behavior, only that
animals do not conjure up emotional behavior based on a previous
experience such as many (most) humans do - envy, revenge, etc

Anthropomorphisation only becomes a problem when we ascribe levels of
consciousness to a dog that there is no evidence for, and base such
deductions on what we humans *want* the dogs to be capable of.  This is
not too far from other mental leaps humans engage in such as placebo
effects etc.

Anyway, just thought I'd clarify my statement a bit.

Patric

=====
"Sage Advice Improves with Thyme"

Patric Lundberg, PhD