Re: [pyrnet] bloat

Bloat per se is gastric dilatation. One of the reasons I don't
feed kibble. There is also gastric torsion, which is when the
stomach flips over. These two frequently go hand in hand. My dog
food does contain flaked rice and corn as the grains. The corn is
hard, in kernel form, and is in there (I think) to provide fiber.
The crude fiber content in what I feed is a mere 1%. Bloat has
seemed to be more common in some bloodlines as opposed to others.
Whether this is actually truly due to genetics or feeding
practices, I don't know.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com