Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Great Pyrenees in the Media

----- Original Message -----
From: "SWachter" <SWachter@email.msn.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Great Pyrenees in the Media

> Sorry folks, I think the Pyrs did what they had to do.....they warned,
> probably tried to drive the bear away,  but knew they'd be dinner if they
> pressed the confrontation.

I tell you folks. Having come upon a grizzly myself in Glacier National Park
I can tell you no dogs, even pyrs could take them on and walk away. These
bears are **Immense**. I got lucky as the one I surprised was either a male
or a female without cubs. And it ran away from me when I shouted and made a
fuss. But it was HUGE!

These dogs are breed to protect. But they are also smart enough to know that
if they get themselves killed then the whole flock might be lost. These dogs
were very smart in my book.
Marie and Beau