Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Great Pyrenees in the Media

Marie, I actually was thinking the same thing after I got off with my
main letter.  We want our Pyrs. to be thinking dogs.  I think it wouldn't
serve the flock well, for the dogs to be killed off.  At the very least
they do more good alive, and warning, than dead.  When hounds go in on a
Lion or a bear, it is in a lot larger pack, and often there are losses to
the dogs.  That's usually with a hunter and a gun following.  The LGD's
are out on their own mostly, and evidently no one seems to think they
need more dogs to work a huge area.  So I would think even they know they
do more good a live than dead!  So I agree with you!  Cyn.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka