RE: [pyrnet] Barking

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On
Behalf Of Katie Allison Granju
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 8:42 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] Barking

There is absolutely nothing that will stop my Pyr from
barking during the times when he is in our yard. I
have tried everything. Now when he gets started, I
just bring him back in. He *will* stop barking when I
tell him to stop indoors.

Go figure.

Katie

=====

The Great Pyrenees as Pet Page at:
http://hometown.aol.com/oxymomkate/index.html

Attachment Parenting at http://www.attachmentparent.com/

 I have a bark collar that I bought from RCSteele.  It is expensive.  A
little over $100.  But it works very well.  It doesn't shock the dog but
uses citronella spray to stop the barking.  It has a sound activator that
shoots citronella in front of the dogs nose every time he/she barks.  Ki
only barked with it on 2 times.  We got the collar for my Jack Russell who
was keeping my neighbors up every night barking at trees.  But it works well
on Ki.  I used it when the dog next door was out.  He doesn't have to wear
the collar anymore, and still doesn't bark at the other dog.  Ki isn't much
of a barker anyway, only when something is entering his territory or he sees
another dog.  Just thought this might be an idea for you.  The batteries for
the collar are $6 and it doesn't need to be worn all the time, just when the
barking creates a nuisance for others.  Hope this helps.

Ann Marie, Ki and Chesney