Re: [pyrnet] RE: Getting what they want

The other day Polar Bear and Shadow were playing their usual game of
chase around the kitchen, dinette, family room.  Usually this gets all of
the group going, but not this time.  Everyone seemed intent on just
watching the two of them.  Po tends to be the most suspicious of
strangers, protective of children, and childlike in her play!  Shadow is
50 lbs. of sleek, fast, athletic ability!

Anyway, the game is quite straight forward.  One runs, the other (s) head
her off.  Around and around they went, with Po clicking and slipping on
the hard floor, and Shadow sipping back and forth silently on the carpet
side, covering both openings on either side.  Eventually though, Shadow
laid down in front of the love seat that sits at an angle several feet
out from the dinette opening.  She laid in the sneak attack position,
ready to pounce.  Po comes bouncing and prancing around, stops, dances in
the dinette, surprised that Shadow was not there waiting for her.  Her
ears cock forward, as she slowly dances nervously forward, first out the
door, onto the carpet, looking around the back of the island.  All of a
sudden out of the corner of her eye, she sees, Shadow.  She jumps, that
smiling mouth honestly takes on a pursed " Oooh " look, the ears flip
back into that " I've been had, embarrassed look ", as she rapidly back
paddles trying to get back in the dinette, before Shadow could "tag" her
out!  Who ever said dogs have no facial expressions must be blind.  We
were just splitting a gut laughing.  The game was so obvious, you
couldn't not understand it, by anyones rules.  I love just watching
animals, and their sense of play as well!  You can't help but enjoy life
more, for being around them, and seeing their pleasure!  If laughter is
good for our health, then these guys certainly add to our lives in many
different ways!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas