Re: [pyrnet] New subscriber

Hi Erin, I am sorry to hear about your puppy problems. The only advice I can
give you is run,  don't walk, away from that pet store. Kiss that money
goodbye and chalk it up to a lesson learned (of course, you might want to
check with your state pet store laws and see if a cash refund might be
required). Even if you did get another pup that looks fine from that store,
you may very well be in for major health problems in the future. As a person
that bought a dog from a back-yard breeder (which you will find to be a very
bad thing on this list), I paid for 2 knee operations, had problems with his
allergies for his entire life and lost him at 8 to a degenerative spinal
disease. It would be a far better thing to have your child wait 6 months for
a healthy, happy replacement that should be with him for his formative years
than to have to explain to him in a couple years why his dog can't play or
has to be put down because of his health problems.  I's sorry if you think
this is harsh, but it was a very difficult lesson for me to learn. I hope you
will not make the same mistake I did.

Elaine and Pico