[pyrnet] Re: Brushing

<<The
major down side I've found with pin brushes is that they don't last, I've
gone through 3 already this year with the matting the pins connect to pulling
out. If I could find a brand that's made to last, I would certainly buy one. <<

Hi Charlie
I use pin brushes also on my dogs, and prefer them to any other brush I have tried. But I used to have the same problems with the matting pulling out, but since I changed from the oval shaped ones to the oblong (long and narrow) ones, this is a thing of the past.
Also I find this shaped brushes easier to use, it is difficult to explain, but because they cover a smaller area of the dogs - less coat at one time - they are easier to pull through the coat. A lot of people - including those who sell me the brushes - find it difficult to understand why I want such "small" bruses for big dogs, but I would not trade them for anything.
I use a wide toothed comb also for certain areas such as behind the ears, on the elbow and sometimes down the front leg, and the lower part of the hind legs. But I always use the brush before the comb.

I will second the advice others have given you about always brushing out the coat before a wash.

Lene Nielsen
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/