Re: [pyrnet] New subscriber

In a message dated 09/04/2000 7:43:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
clhenke@juno.com writes:

<<
 Date:  09/04/2000 7:43:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  clhenke@juno.com
 Sender:    owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
 To:    pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

 You can get a registered Pyr. pup here in our area of Texas out of the
 paper for $150. to 350. tops.  Even with shipping you would be way under
 what you have paid a pet store/pup mill.  Why did you pay such an
 exorbitant price for a pup out of the pet store, is the part I can't
 understand.  Are the prices that much more expensive elsewhere?  For what
 you paid I am sure you could have gotten a super pup from a really good
 breeder.  I am constantly amazed that pet stores manage to do business at
 all with those kind of prices.  Cindy

   Cindy, when I first searched for a pyr about 2 yrs. ago, I couldn't find
one locally, and had to search out of the state "Alabama."  I did notice the
prices in the South, and Texas especially were much lower than in other
areas. It seems you can always find pyr pups in Texas in the $150 range that
are probably from good quality healthy farm stock, but from my searching that
is much lower than the national norm.   Charlie