Re: [pyrnet] New subscriber

On 4 Sep 2000, at 18:45, clhenke@juno.com wrote:
> You can get a registered Pyr. pup here in our area of Texas out of the
> paper for $150. to 350. tops.  Even with shipping you would be way under
> what you have paid a pet store/pup mill.

Cindy,
A word of caution.  You need to be careful with what comes out of
the ads in the papers in Texas.  They may be AKC registered if
you're lucky with no health checks and sold with no contracts
which is just as bad as buying from a pet shop.  I've taken one in
and had it put down for what I saw as temperament problems and
seen enough with problems bred on these farms byb's that I would
want no part of them.  There are a number of operations going that
are no better than puppymillers.

Both of my newfs came in here with contracts with clauses that
says specifically what happens in case of medical problems or
genetic defects.  One, Linsey, a return to breeder, specially placed
because of a known health problem still had agreed to terms of
placement that are written out and signed by me and the breeder.
Lana is co-owned and has spelled out terms in her contract that
are agreed to by both parties.  This is what a responsible breeder
does.  They stand behind their dogs and put it in writing in agreed
to contracts.

The other option is contact rescue and wait for a rescue.  There are
many in gpca rescue that need good homes.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices
Hutto, TX