[pyrnet] Collars, Fetching and Bears, Oh My!

Hi, all...

My mention of Bart the Bear's passing reminded me that I
have bookmarked a site about him.
http://members.tripod.com/bartbear/
We loved to watch the documentaries of his trainer
working with him.... the bear's head was as big as a
whiskey barrel!  What an awesome animal.  We were
watching something a few weeks ago, and at the end, they
came on with the somber announcer saying, sadly, that
after the filming, Bart had died of cancer.  Boo!  My
husband says he refuses to believe Bart is dead.  Just
hibernating!

Fine with me if Gully doesn't fetch!  My arm is numb
after the three goldens are done!  If he can just be my
mellow, gentle buddy, who lies there and lets me scratch
his tummy, and lets me look into his patient, wise eyes
for all the answers to my problems, entertains Sprocket
from time to time, and maintains his cute self-appointed
guard of the entry way from the top stair (with his big
old butt still up in the hallway!), that's fine with me!

The nylon rolled "Alpine" collars would be wonderful,
wouldn't they!  Actually, that is what I used for
Porsche (the old cocker with the oozy tumor on her neck,
recently removed) because it hung a bit lower and didn't
rub.  I'll have Tom check at work and see if they have
one big enough!

If there's one thing I definitely know a lot about, it
is the golden retriever temperament, personality and
habits, and I can tell you Gulliver is NOTHING like my
goldens in this area, other than the outstanding
gentleness.  That look in the eye that says "I'm just
here to love you!"  But as for playing, interacting with
us, it is a totally different animal.  I feel sure his
genetics picked up far, far more genetic traits from the
Pyrs than the goldens!  I can't wait to get some
pictures scanned to show you all.  I was wondering if a
mix would be welcomed here, or seen as "second class,"
but it appears that Gully is allowed, as am I!  Thanks!!!

Lori Whitwam
WOOF1@att.net

--
Ripley's Retrieve-It-Or-Not