Re: [pyrnet] Collars

Our "outdoor" Pyr, Tanuki, has a collar on at all times.  However, he's
working with our goats, and if by chance he did get out, we would want
positive identification to get him back.  (No, he's not microchipped, yet,
and most of the locals think that microchipping is what you do to French
Fries in a microwave <VBG>).

Baron, Babe, and Kes all wear collars.  Zoe, who is currently being shown,
doesn't.  She doesn't for just the reason you mentioned -- it can damage the
hair around the neck.  However, Zoe doesn't go out without our supervision,
and she is microchipped (as are Baron and Kes).

So far we haven't had a bit of problem with dogs getting caught by the
collars.  However, today when I went to my co-worker's house at lunch to let
her dogs out, her dashound's rabies tag was hooked on a blanket, and the poor
little girl couldn't get unhooked.  Fortunately no harm was done.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC