Re: [pyrnet] Re: Collars

You bring up a good point for those who keep collars on constantly, (and I am
one).
Make sure you check the collars daily during your inspection routine to make
sure it is attached correctly and also that it is not damaged in any way.  A
few months back, when one of my guys went in for their annual shots and tag,
the tech did not have a pliers to open up the S-ring, so he just attached to
new tag to the one that was already attached.  I did not think anything of
it.  A couple of days later, I noticed that that girl did not have her collar
on.  I check the whole yard thinking it must have been pulled off by one of
the others during playtime.  I could not find it until that weekend when I
was cleaning the shower in one of my extra bathrooms.  There it was stuck in
the grate of the drain of the shower!  She must have laid down in the shower
- as my guys love to do - and it slipped into the grate.  Fortunately, it was
a leather collar and gave enough so that she could pull herself out of it.  I
will never know how panicked she must have been or for how long she was stuck
there!  I also made sure the tech at the vet knew what happened - not that I
blamed him (I could have fixed it myself when I got home) I just did not want
him to keep adding to others' collars down the road.
Good Luck,
Lisa
Belle, Bobo, Chance, Derby, Oliver, Jojo, & Ru, too.
W Palm Beach, Florida