[pyrnet] RE: Bouncing Bear

Good morning to all!

    I've not checked in for a while so there are several replies below:

    First and foremost let me say that I am so very sorry to read of the
loss of Splash.  Please accept my most sincere and heartfelt condolences.
These things can be as hard to bear as the loss of a blood relative.  I know
because at the age of 18 my family lost our 15 year old cocker.  It took me
10+ years to get over it.  To make matters worse, I bawled every time I saw
a blonde cocker.  Please know that we all love and support you in this time
of loss.

    I have finally gotten around to uploading the pics of the "Bouncing
Bear."  Would those of you who wanted to see my sweat baby on the trampoline
please email me at kaiser4@gulftel.com with your personal email address as I
can't send them through pyrnet.

    As for the weight thing...Bear is now 10 mos and weighs 93 lbs and is
27" at the shoulder.  I feed him Nutro brand dog food and have three 40lb
bags mixed together so he gets a little of everything.  He eats between 2
and 4 cups of food a day mixed with chicken or beef broth, chicken and
stars, cream of chicken, and sometimes a little moist 9-Lives courtesy of
Princess his 2 pound "Kitty Chrunchie Vending Machine."  I heard that it can
take three years for them to fill out so I'm not sweating it.  I'm sure he
will gain the weight when it's time.

    Brushing...I usually brush Bear with a wig brush.  Strange but true and
it works like a champ.  We also have a blade that we were using to go over
his coat when we bathed him here at home.  Since he's gotten so big he goes
to the vet for baths about every nine days and they take care of the
shedding blade (I guess they do).
    Since we've discovered we have poison oak and ivy in the back portion of
the yard and have been keeping him from getting into that, his rash has
cleared up nicely and he is growing some hair on his back legs.

    Charlie,
        How are things going with the puppies?  Email me and let me know
what your schedule is like and I will try and get Bear up there to see ya
sometime.  I'd love to see pictures of the proud mom and dad with their
babies.

    I really enjoy looking at the different websites for these beautiful
animals.  Thanks to all of you who send in your links.  I wish I knew how to
set up a page for Bear and Princess.  That would be just way too cool.
    I hope you all have (or had) a wonderful day.

Bridget
kaiser4@gulftel.com
Alabama Gulf Coast (Loxley)