Re: [pyrnet] sweet revenge on neighbor

Reading these posts recently, you can't imagine how greatful we are that we
have really good neighbors (hope I'm not jinxing this!).  On Monday night, I
needed the help of our neighbor (David out of town, and the pump that
supplies water to the barn wouldn't shut off), and he came over to
investigate the problem with me.  Well, while we were working at the pump
house, we were accompanied by Tanuki, our largest Pyr male, and Maggie, our
Border Collie.  My neighbor was really making a fuss over Tanuki, and Tanuki
was having a grand old time with it.  We started talking about the dogs, and
I casually mentioned that I hope their barking wasn't a nusience, and if so
to please call us.  My neighbor replied that they never had any problem with
our dogs and it was hard to believe that we really did have six full grown
dogs at our house!  This was a relief.  We try to keep the "barking time"
down to a minimum, and have the dogs housed where they would cause the least
amount of problem.  Guess it's working.

BTW -- my neighbor then told me something interesting about Tanuki.  He said
that as long as David or I were out with Tanuki, he (the neighbour) could
come over to the fence and pet the dog.  When Tanuki was in the pasture on
guard duty without us, he would come to the fence to investigate, but never
let our neighbor pet him.  Guess Tanuki believes in "No petting while on
duty".

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC