Re: [pyrnet] (no subject)

Julie, as I said before, I'm not saying "not to" !  Especially knowing
what this dog may be up against.  At the very least you can take him,
even if you have to place him in a better situation ( for him ) later.
You also have the room to make a safe area for him, or the intact male,
to keep them apart if it comes to that.

Yes, we just took a dumped male in ( around a year old ), and have a 2
1/2 year old male.  Ranger is a very benign type, and was neutered at 7
mo.  We had Gulliver neutered within days of getting him.  Even so,
Ranger is putting him in his place.  I watch the degree of force used,
not letting it get out of hand, but understanding that Gulliver must
adjust coming into the group.  In my case the male and three sisters are
Any insult to one, is met by the wrath of the total group.  Gulliver is
going to be a huge fellow, but it can still be dangerous for him if the
four were to go for him, rather than individual
tiffs.  To complicate things, he is a bit of a goofus ( very smart dog,
but plays the clown ), and even though they
thunk him, he just keeps up the playful teasing.  It does require careful
monitoring.  Of course there are some nice times with them too.

Get him out of harms way Julie, that's probably the best thing to do, but
watch the situation, and maybe form a back-up plan for him if need be.  I
give you credit for trying to do right by him.  If you read my note about
the Gulliver update today, we can agree about how sad some of these dog
situations can be!   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas