Re: [pyrnet] Barking

Christine, had to chuckle at your comment about giving a hair transplant
to a Mexican Hairless, if it didn't suit you!  Cute!

My husband was a dairy farmer when we first met.  I would go through
magazines like "Hoards Dairyman" and admire the pictures of the beautiful
cows and bulls, standing in perfect position.  Years later I saw a
program on how those pictures are taken.  Black dirt packed on their top
lines to make them straight ( if they were black )
whipped cream molded in the white areas.  Fake tails
( like the horse tails too ), and clear fishing line pulling the tails
into just the right position.  Just an amazing amount of fakery to make
the animal look just right.  Even at auctions for the regular farmer, the
animals are fed beet pulp while water is withheld.  Right before the sale
they give the animals water.  The beet pulp swells rapidly, and the
cattle look fat and full and huge!  It amazes me what people will do.
And that is only for appearances, so I understand how you feel about
surgically eliminating the ability of a dog to bark, just to suit people.
 Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas