Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs as House dogs

In a message dated 09/19/2000 9:41:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kgranju@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 I think any dog left alone for 10-12 hours per day 5
 days per week is going to potentially become a
 behavior problem. >>

I really don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. I have
raised 2 Pyrs now as a single dog-owner and work a full-time job. I always
walk my dogs at least a mile in the morning and then at night and take them
on a hike least once during the weekend. Both of my Pyrs have been
well-behaved and I could take them anywhere without worrying about their
behavior. I think it is the responsibility of the dog owner to ensure that
their dog is not a behavior problem, not just blame it on the fact that they
have to work. When I tell my dogs no, they know I mean it.

Elaine and Pico