Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs as House dogs

--- Janice Swenson <janices@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2000, at 6:40, Katie Allison Granju wrote:
> > I think any dog left alone for 10-12 hours per day
> 5
> > days per week is going to potentially become a
> > behavior problem.
>
> I don't think you can make a blanket statement like
> this.  Most
> people have to work these days and most homes are
> going to
> consist of working owners.  It's the responsibleness
> of the owners
> that will determine whether any dog becomes a
> behavior problem or
> not.  You can have stay-at-home owners with behavior
> problem
> dogs.

Hey! I work too :-) But I am not gone 10-12 hours a
day. What I said is that any dog left alone for 10-12
hours a day is *potentially* going to become a
behavior problem. I stand by that assertion. No matter
how well a dog is cared for the other 12 hours per day
( probably 4 waking hours), that's a long time for any
social creature to be by herself each day. Dogs,
particularly young dogs, are likely to become bored,
depressed or even neurotic if they are denied any
contact with another living creature for the vast
majority of their waking hours.

Katie

=====
Katie Allison Granju