Re: [pyrnet] Consider breeding carriers (a proposal)

In a message dated 9/22/00 3:22:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

<< My point
 was that few dwarfs (to our knowledge) are physically impacted beyond the
 "normal" dwarf look.  They are not more ill, more crippled etc than normal
 Pyrs. >>

But it is well known that a deformity of the musculoskelatal system is
associated with the condition, although not observable in all animals, it is
nevertheless present and associated someway with the syndrome.  We need to
look at this without blinders i.e. just because you do not see it, does not
mean it is not there and will manifest itself.  We know it will, no question!
 Just as you do not need to be a dwarf to transmit the gene to future
generations.  My concern is that it would become much more common as the
condition became more common.  No basis for it, but when you describe being
able to breed the deformed kittens, some deformity is able to be reliably
bred.

Joe