Re: [pyrnet] Suddenly - Maremma!!

I have a Pyr/Maremma cross.  Juma is actually much larger than her Pyr
mother ... at 120, she outweighs her mother by 20 pounds.  She does "the
bark thing" but not near so much as her mother.  She drools only when
confronted with food (and then she gushes).  She has a shorter coat and
doesn't look as brilliant as her mother (in my opinion) ... but she's still
a gentle giant.  She still exercises the Pyrenean "selective hearing" when
she wants to ... "Come!" is lost on her.

Juma has moments of aloofness, but for the most part she's a cuddler.  I
firmly believe that your dog will become as affectionate as you condition
her to be.  Juma rests her head in our laps when we sit on the couch, and
loves to snuggle with us in bed.  When we're home she has to be within 10
feet of us at all times.  I'm firmly convinced she is this attached to us
because we showered her with attention as a puppy.  (We still shower her
with attention, though at 120 pounds it's difficult for us to hold her in
our laps for hours like we used to.)

I have not yet found a Maremma list.  Still looking.

Stacey Korn
mushroom@gator.net