Re: [pyrnet] spaying after the first heat, early s/n

----- Original Message -----
From: Kerry Kern Woods <woodskk@eburg.com>

As one who has spayed and neutered puppies at 8 weeks for many without
a problem, there really is no significant advantage to wait until a
bitch has her first season.  >>

As another who has done early spay/neuter, I'll back Kerry whole heartedly
on this one.  Over the years I have seen dogs spayed and neutered at all
kinds of ages and never noticed much appreciable difference except that
those altered never added to the dog population or the rescue numbers.

Linda