Re: [pyrnet] spaying after the first heat

Peggy, of course you have every right to have your animals done whenever
you are comfortable.   It is just that Vets. are not omnipotent beings,
and we need to be careful in thinking they have the last word.  Whether
human or canine, feline, etc. we need to be educated about health issues.
 A lot of private practice Vets. may be very good and caring, but they
don't always keep up with the latest in procedures.  They settle in the
rut of doing what works for them!  I had a Vet, tell me one time that he
still believed in " letting them have one litter" first!  How old is that
idea??  Can you hear the poor rescue people moaning as they read this?  I
of course turned and walked out!  I mean the rabies vaccination is a
whole story on to itself too, if you read up on that!  I really enjoy
keeping up with medical things in general.  My neurologist schedules my
visits just before his lunch hour so if we run over talking about new
advances in M.S. we are not cutting into another patients time.  He jokes
that it doesn't hurt him to miss a little lunch.  I feel that I owe my
fur-kid companions the same interest in whats new in medicine, as I owe
myself!  It's always good to question and push, and Vets, need it too!
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas