Re: [pyrnet] spaying after the first heat

The waiting to spay until after the first heat is old belief.
Something they used to believe necessary 30 years ago. What the
research has shown, is that spaying "before" the first heat
significantly reduces the chance of the bitch getting mammary
cancer. Although spaying, in and of itself reduces the risk, the
percentages go down the longer you wait.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com