Re: [pyrnet] Dwarfism

I agree, Kelly, that epilepsy, heart disease and luxating patella are very
worrisome and in some ways perhaps more serious.  Still, I would hate to think
of  people deliberately breeding for dwarf Pyrs.  Also if this is a recessive
gene and every time a carrier is bred 50% of the offspring are carriers, we could
end up with a lot of carriers in a short period of time.  We could get to the
point where it would be difficult to find a dog that was not a carrier.  This is
a good reason to make every effort to determine some sort of marker.
Charlotte