Re: [pyrnet] Re: Guest not liking our four legged children

I just can't get my head around the mentality of parents who have no
interest in helping their children past their fear of dogs...or any
animals. I guess if you've never had animals yourself, or are afraid of
them, but I've met people for whom that's all the more reason they want to
help their kids get beyond the fear. When I was very young we had cats but
one of my sisters was terrified of dogs. My parents' response was that now
was the time to get a puppy! End of problem. Of course, my parents were
both animal lovers anyway. Maybe it's genetic and we were just lucky to
inherit those genes.  I wonder if we animal lovers have more genetic
similarity with other species than do non-animal people?!!! The thought
has a certain appeal!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose