Re(2): [pyrnet] Re: Abuse detection

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> one thing that they do not like is
>tobacco smoke/odors.  Both of my Mother's Pyrs would curl up their upper
>lip,
>as if in disgust, if someone came around them that smoked.
That's so true of ours, especially Paddington. He'll back away if anyone
approaches him who smells of smoke, and if they are actively smoking, he
really doesn't want to be anywhere near! We also don't have to worry about
him at all when we light the grill on the deck--he won't come anywhere
near when it's lit. Don't know if this is connected. We don't have an
indoor fireplace--not sure how he'd react to that.
instincts of the dogs. Ivy Rose is clearly not a good test, because of her
shyness, and the same would be true of dogs that had experienced abuse.
But in every instance with Paddington taking an active dislike to someone,
and with Shelley and Sugar before him, we have eventually found out about
good reasons for the dogs' behavior.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose